Bespoke Management Services
Highcliffe Property Management offer a bespoke comprehensive management service to meet the needs of our clients. We strive to ensure that the service you receive is professional, effective and efficient so that all our client’s properties are maintained and managed to the highest possible standard.
Choosing a Property Management Company is important. In our opinion it is an essential requirement to protect and manage your property, development and investment. The management of leasehold blocks of flats and private freehold estates is an ever more complex process requiring detailed knowledge of the ever changing statutory and legal requirements that now exist and continue to evolve and develop.
hpm Management Services
Let hpm help you by instructing us to act as your managing agent and take the stress out of the management of your estate and property. We are able to provide a tailored management service to suit your requirements.
- Management fee - We will undertake to supply a comprehensive and bespoke management service at a fixed fee agreed with the client annually and reviewed by negotiation.
- Company Secretary - We offer a full company secretarial service which includes all Companies House matters, with the hpm office being the registered office of your company. There is an additional nominal charge for this service.
- We will attend and undertake an initial site visit to assess the development and its requirements.
- We will then liaise with your current managing agent to obtain the relevant documentation and information to instigate a seamless transfer.
- We then analyse the legal documentation and lease covenants to ensure compliance.
- We will install all relevant information into our systems to allow the smooth running of your property.
hpm Tailored Services
- Each of our clients has its own designated bank account/accounts with Barclays PLC.
- Payments can be made electronically into your account. We are also able to pay contractors and service providers electronically.
- If required provide regular bank statements to a nominated director.
- We reconcile the bank statements monthly.
Service charge management
hpm use a dedicated software accounting package to effectively manage and monitor your finances. This system allows us to:
- Administer, maintain and monitor your day to day finances.
- Prepare realistic annual service charge budgets (for client approval).
- Collect service charges and/or ground rents (as applicable).
- Pursue late payment of service charges in line with the lease/covenants. (hpm – service charge collection policy).
- Provide regular income and expenditure summaries through the financial year.
- Instruct contractors and subsequently make payments.
- Prepare financial year end reports for accountants and liaising with your accountant to produce draft year end accounts for client approval.
hpm work closely with a number of local insurance brokers to meet your insurance requirements.
- We gain competitive quotes for your Buildings, Terrorism, Public Liability, Directors and Officers and Engineering insurance.
- Arrange periodic insurance valuations to ensure your development is appropriately insured in line with the RICS recommendations i.e. every 3-5 years.
- Insurance claims, we will assist in dealing with all aspect of your insurance claim.
- We ensure all our contractors are appropriately qualified and carry the necessary insurance cover before attending any of our developments.
The maintenance and general upkeep of the development is important to maintain its condition and the value of the estate.
- Your designated property manager will attend and undertake regular site inspections.
- We arrange and monitor the day to day maintenance of the development i.e. cleaning, window cleaning, gardening etc.
- Liaise and monitor costs with utility service providers.
- We have a large number of qualified and appropriately insured local service providers on our contractors register.
- Instruct contractors and maintenance providers regarding day to day repairs and maintenance.
- Regularly inspect and monitor contractors and the standard of work.
- Arrange major works programmes such as internal and external decoration in accordance with the lease. Where necessary ensuring compliance with Section 20 consultation.
- Ensure all properties and developments comply with Fire Safety Order 2005, Asbestos Management, periodic electrical testing and general Health and Safety policy.
- Produce 5/10 year planned maintenance programmes.
- Emergency repairs – Please refer to our help and advice zone for contact details in the event of an emergency.
Legal and company administration
hpm will undertake the full administration duties of the client.
- Undertake the role of company secretary and administer and maintain the company details as necessary.
- Provide registered office facilities.
- Arrange, produce and serve all documentation and then attend the Annual General Meeting, as appropriate.
- Attend directors/committee meetings as required.
- Ensure lease compliance and administration and third party correspondence.
- Deal with Solicitors on pre-contract sales enquiries in line with Bournemouth District Law Society recommendations.